At more than $20 billion, the promotional products industry is at an all time high. Now more than ever, promotional products are seen as powerful marketing tools when it comes to brand loyalty and retention. Marketers are realizing that it can't just be anything, a promotional product has to be tied to the brand story and be a part of an overall experience.
We know we've told you a lot about promotional products over the past few months, but here are 10 things you might not know about the industry.
- The first known promotional products were commemorative buttons. They trace back to 1789 when George Washington was elected president.
- 8 in 10 consumers own between 1 and 10 promotional products.
- Consumers hang on to promotional products for an average of 6.6 months.
- With nearly 6,000 impressions, bags generate more impressions than any other promotional product in the U.S.
- 91% of consumers have at least one promotional product in their kitchen. 74% have at least one in their workspace, 55% have at least one in their bedroom.
- Promotional products draw as many as 500% more referrals from satisfied customers than an appeal letter alone
- 77% of consumers say a promotional item's usefulness is the number one reason to keep it.
- 63% of consumers pass along the promotional products they no longer wish to keep.
- Adding a promotional product to the media mix increases the effectiveness of other media by up to 44%.
- Ownership of logoed outerwear is highest in the Midwest, with 15% of people owning an item.
Surprised? If you're trying to figure out whether promotional products are right for your business, we're happy to help you find the right solution!